Buddy Break is a FREE kid’s respite program where kids with special needs (VIP kids) make new friends and enjoy all kinds of activities, while caregivers get a break! Volunteer Buddies from First Church are Trained and ready to help kids have fun and give parents a break.
First Church is offering Buddy Break on Saturday, July 8th, from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (Buddies arrive at 9:00 a.m.)
Getting Started as a VIP Family or Buddy.
- Click here to Register on the Nathaniel’s Hope secure online database
- After using the verification link sent to your email (If you don’t see the email, check your spam or junk files, the verification email is sent almost instantly!) after signing in with your email and password, you’ll be connected to a Buddy Break dashboard page.
- From the dashboard page, on the far left screen of the screen, click on Buddies, from the drop-down, select “add a buddy” to fill in the Buddy Application.
- If signing up as a VIP family, from the dashboard, choose VIP, from the drop-down, select “add a VIP” to fill in the family information forms.
- Fill in the VIP Family Forms or the Buddy Application
- Both VIPs and Buddies choose FIRST CHURCH CRYSTAL LAKE as your Buddy Break Location.
- A Buddy Break Team leader will be in touch with you so you can start enjoying Buddy Break.
Why Buddy Break?
- Buddy Break provides a safe place for VIPs and the siblings to have fun and establish meaningful friendships with other kids and adults while their caregivers get a much needed FREE break from their overwhelming caregiving responsibilities.
- One out of ten kids under age 14 has some type of special need.
- Mental health treatment for stress is two the three times higher for parents of children with special needs versus that reported by parents of children who are well.
- Statistics show the divorce rate is 80% for couples who have children with a disability.
- Families may experience extreme isolation, depression, loneliness, and fatigue.