CROP Hunger Walks are community-wide events sponsored by Church World Service and organized by religious groups, businesses, schools and others to raise funds to end hunger in the U.S. and around the world.
HOW DO YOU GET INVOLVED?
1. Register at crophungerwalk.org. You can:
• Sign yourself up to join the First Church walking team (or other current team).
• Sign up your own team of walkers.
• Sign up just yourself as an individual walker.
2. Donate directly to the event, a walker, or a team of walkers.
3. Show up to walk (1 or 4 miles) on Sunday, September 29 at 2 p.m.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Funds you raise in a CROP Hunger Walk help global communities flourish.
$25 supplies seeds and tools for a community garden to improve nutrition
$100 provides 200 chicks for families, as a self-propagating food source
$300 drills 10 meters of a shallow borehole well to improve hygiene and sanitation
$1000 builds a water pump for clean drinking water and community training for long-term success