Tailgate Sunday is our annual Fall kick-off event at First Church. Wear your favorite team jersey to church, pack your grill, and invite a neighbor to this special Sunday. Here’s what you need to know:
• We only have one worship service at 10 a.m. (regularly at 9:15 and 10:45 a.m.)
• Part of our parking lot is designated for tailgaters only (see map below)
• Tailgating begins at 11 a.m.
• We’ll have the Bears game broadcast at our community booth
• We’ll provide hotdogs & hamburgers and chips at the community booth for anyone not tailgating
• There will be games and prizes for kids
Never tailgated before? Here’s how to do it.
- Show up early. You’ll want to arrive early to get a parking spot in our tailgating section and get your gear set up before worship at 10.
- It’s BYO everything. Food, chairs, games, grill, mustard. Everything you’d need to have a picnic is up to you to bring.
- Get shade. If you have a canopy, you’ll be much more comfortable out of the elements. You’ll want that!
- Remember to share. Tailgating is a community event. Invite others to join you and show off your grandma’s secret salsa recipe to everyone at church.
We’ve got you covered. We’ve got a community grill, TV with the game, snacks and activities for kids and a place to sit down. We provide all of this free because we just want you there.
If you have any questions, contact us, and we’ll do our best to help.